On turning twenty four-

At twenty four, I know that this isn't just another year, nor will it be "the year." It's my 24th year and that means everything and nothing in the same...

I know that depression gets really deep and the cloud hovers thick, long and wide.

I  know that human love cannot heal every wound, but it does more than help.

At twenty four, I am reminded of the One who has always healed every wound.

At twenty four, I know that health is wealth and to love and take care of my body is the beginning of a lifelong romance. 

At twenty four, I think that university may have actually been the best four years of life. 

I know that fresh air and a star painted sky are never to be taken for granted. 

At twenty four, I know that the world we live in is massive, but so very small. Perhaps this is the truest of paradoxes.

At twenty four, I've never been surer of the arbitrariness of borders.

At twenty four, I know that age is relative because here in Korea I am twenty five.

I know that the past haunts for as long as you let it. Said chains are a reminder to dance in the truth of your freedom.

 I know there are few things that are as good for the spirit as catching up with family and old friends. 

At twenty four, I know that I am here to love and love and love until I am reduced to nothing but...love. 








At twenty four, I know that you don't just live life, you create it.


Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for your words...xoxo

Popular Posts