contemplating paradigms

I find myself pondering paradigms and notions of postmodernism while reading one of Whiteside's assignments; in which I admit to procrastinating on. He really does linger throughout my day, however a postmodernist I am not-of course. Utter nonsense, as I read about "truth"; how can I be reading about "truth" if indeed capital T Truth cannot be reached? It all contradicts itself. Yes one may say, Keiko Truth and truth are different things, for truth is relative and the Truth you believe in can never be fully known. Why not? - is my response. Why can't Truth be discovered, known for certain? How then can you know for sure that Truth can never be defined, if indeed, you can never know Truth for sure? Isn't that saying the same thing, except in a different way? How do you argue there is no Absolute truth, by saying there absolutely is No Absolute truth?

It is all utter nonsense, foolishness I say. I do love Whiteside's class however, I love that he leaves us open to discuss and discover. He is by far the best English teacher I have ever had- hands down.



Ah yes, so I guess in a round about way all I am really saying is….
Don't go by what you THINK is right. Don't go by tradition, and culture. To be rooted in something out of complete complacency, and come to find that there was something more all along- true, real, and tangible- would be such a shame. Yet years of comfortable religiosity can keep you from an abundant, joyful, OUT OF THIS FREAKIN WORLD (literally), life! Ah yes, some added affect of personal-life experience-emphasis ;)
Find out for yourself! For if there is anything true, then there is truth!
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." -Psalm 14:1

My heart aches when I see so many people around me hurting-lost and searching- when the answer can be found by simply looking outside, or in the mirror. DUH! There is a God! Doesn't take an Einstein to figure this out. I mean come on, if I threw a whole bunch of rocks and dirt it doesn't matter how many times I do this those rocks and dirt will never form into a perfect pattern orbiting around one single rock. To assume anything else of more complexity occurred by chance would be ridiculous, absolutely absurd.
I challenge you, check out this site….oh it’s marvelous.
http://www.alwaysbeready.com/

In His grip,
Keiko

Comments

  1. He's got dat grip, ya knoe??? Lil' Keik's strate illn on the O.G.

    No seriously, I like your response to Whiteside's class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for your words...xoxo

Popular Posts