power of words.
You know how people say, "I don't really care what anyone thinks about me?"
Well, I am more convinced now than ever before; that is a lie. A cover-up of the truth- of reality. When people say that, do you want to know what they really mean? What they are really trying to say, but in the least pathetic way possible- which is indeed impossible, seeing that each spoken word of judgement is irrevocably branded into each of our minds- is that your words have power over me. Afterall, we are humans.
Here is my take on the old saying;"Stick and stones may break my bones, but your words are all-the-more painful." Your tongue holds the power to give life. Knowing this- what damange can one person cause with a spoken word.
"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."- C.S. Lewis
I learned today for the umph-tenth time; sometimes silence is the best response.
Well, I am more convinced now than ever before; that is a lie. A cover-up of the truth- of reality. When people say that, do you want to know what they really mean? What they are really trying to say, but in the least pathetic way possible- which is indeed impossible, seeing that each spoken word of judgement is irrevocably branded into each of our minds- is that your words have power over me. Afterall, we are humans.
Here is my take on the old saying;"Stick and stones may break my bones, but your words are all-the-more painful." Your tongue holds the power to give life. Knowing this- what damange can one person cause with a spoken word.
"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."- C.S. Lewis
I learned today for the umph-tenth time; sometimes silence is the best response.


Comments
Post a Comment
thank you for your words...xoxo