on taking in the moments and being thankful-
I haven't been myself lately. I have come to this realization, or perhaps an epiphany of sort; I need to take in the different seasons of life. Yes, that's it. As simple and as difficult as it reads. If there is anything I have learned in my walk with Christ it is that sanctification is a long on-going process and we too often sell ourselves short. Boone weather has helped me to reconcile a blossoming recognition of this truth: nothing lasts forever. And you know what? I should rather it didn't because this means the storms and darkness never last. The blizzards don't last and yes, even the sunshine. Dawn is always on the horizon- that too shall pass...
Life is such a crazy, wildly beautiful thing. Just sit and ponder that for a second.
As I prepare to embark in this newly blooming season in the chapter that is my life right now, I am reminded to take in the moments and breathe deeply. There is so much ahead of me, but there is even more right in front of me. And if that doesn't stir up excitement within me, then I don't know what will. At this very moment I sit on the couch in my living room as my dad plays piano and little brother runs around crazy. My mom just cooked a yummy lunch, although an attempt at homemade falafels that some could possibly say failed, it was a good attempt nonetheless. We sat at the table as laughter filled the silence and spoke of dolphins and their mysterious beauty. I watched, The Cove last night and have fallen in love with the absolutely fascinating creatures all over again. Dolphins can teach humanity so much, if only we would learn from them rather than harm them. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today, giving me no choice but to go cycling later this evening. I'm thinking of bringing my bike back up to Boone. There are so many things to be thankful for each moment- my heart is overwhelmed with thanksgiving today. I pray the same for you dear reader, I hope more than anything for you to see the beauty that is your life, and love it.
Here's to a joy filled week comprised of much laughter, love, and thanksgiving.
My little brother Josh is one of my life's greatest blessings. What are some of yours?
“Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you." -John De Paola
Life is such a crazy, wildly beautiful thing. Just sit and ponder that for a second.
As I prepare to embark in this newly blooming season in the chapter that is my life right now, I am reminded to take in the moments and breathe deeply. There is so much ahead of me, but there is even more right in front of me. And if that doesn't stir up excitement within me, then I don't know what will. At this very moment I sit on the couch in my living room as my dad plays piano and little brother runs around crazy. My mom just cooked a yummy lunch, although an attempt at homemade falafels that some could possibly say failed, it was a good attempt nonetheless. We sat at the table as laughter filled the silence and spoke of dolphins and their mysterious beauty. I watched, The Cove last night and have fallen in love with the absolutely fascinating creatures all over again. Dolphins can teach humanity so much, if only we would learn from them rather than harm them. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today, giving me no choice but to go cycling later this evening. I'm thinking of bringing my bike back up to Boone. There are so many things to be thankful for each moment- my heart is overwhelmed with thanksgiving today. I pray the same for you dear reader, I hope more than anything for you to see the beauty that is your life, and love it.
Here's to a joy filled week comprised of much laughter, love, and thanksgiving.
My little brother Josh is one of my life's greatest blessings. What are some of yours?
“Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you." -John De Paola


Comments
Post a Comment
thank you for your words...xoxo