On Newness-
Upon reflecting on the year 2011, I should say it was a year of magic. An absolutely fairy tale year; one that you only read about. For, a great story it was. It was the year of new kindred friendships-- I met my sweet and beautiful pen pal, Micaela, in an absolutely magical way. I turned 19- the best age as of yet- and met my kindred friend, Kelsey... it was a year of new life, to say the least! I am so very blessed to spend many more years in correspondence with M, and to spend many more nights (and months of travel to come) with Kels. I just adore them both so much-- the best gift from above all year xxx.
2011 was a year of love, and love again. So much that one heart wouldn't expect to hold such a great capacity. My heart now extends to Europe and past-- I am forever changed for the better, by the great people I met over the past four months... WOW. I am so overwhelmed as I write...
2011 was a year of forgiveness, as I forgave myself for the things I didn't do and wanted to, and grew the courage to never miss an opportunity again. Oh how I learned to love life a bit deeper, and to stretch my arms a little wider- embracing it all, only to EXPERIENCE it all!!
This leads me to my "resolution," or rather wish for the New Year of 2012:
I will experience life as it comes to me, not waiting or rushing. I will let life happen to me, as Rainer Maria Rilke wrote in his most beautiful words:
“Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final.”
No feeling is final-- I hold on to this truth, as right now my heart is so consumed with melancholy. This too shall pass... I look forward to what is to come, and call out to the love and life awaiting me, as I Let It Happen.
My friends, I wish for you too, a year where life happen's to you. And may all of life's happenings take your breath away, as it did mine...
Gonzalo from Spain
My lovely University friends, from the US and International
Gabby from Mexico
Natalia and Iwona from Poland
Here's to the New Year and the life we have yet to live! xoxo








Wow I just adore you and your brilliant thoughts! Keep being my friend and being such a bright lady, promise?
ReplyDeleteyou are beautiful-- everything about you is.
ReplyDeleteand i am glad we found one another; us kindreds have to stick together and share the magic that gets to be our life! :)
i adore you so xoxo