before I turned twenty.

today's the day.
the day before.
before that magic moment, at 12am i will go from one age to the next.
you don't really notice it until days after, maybe weeks or months- but there is a day when you realize something has changed. age? they say it's nothing but a number, i think that's a bit of an understatement.


age is the counting. of years, of months, of days, of moments- and yet, those intervals mean little to nothing when they are in sequence. 


i have lived the past year fiercely. with much bravery and abandon. i have grown vastly, only to conclude there is so much more in myself to be discovered. i contain multitudes. 


here's to another year- and many more after. here's to the magic awaiting, tonight, tomorrow and forevermore.




I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. -Agatha Christie 



Comments

Popular Posts