On coffee and paradigm shifts-

"I am for you."

He wanted her to know that, to have it engraved on her heart. Repetition is key to persuasion, so he spoke it again with even more conviction, but this time with a preface.

"I want you to know that--I want you to know, I am for you."

Taking in his words she began to dissect each one, beginning with
I--as in, a 69 year old Italian artist/world traveler/missionary
then the
Am--as in, the me that is him, the 69 year old Italian/artist/world traveler/missionary/I
and next the
For--as in, the 69 year old Italian/artist/world traveler/missionary is positively resting in the corner that is her life; this was the most difficult to dissect out of the four, nevertheless,
there still exist the
You--as in, me: the I that is not the 69 year old Italian/artist/world traveler/missionary/I, but is the her the I is for.

She understood that sometimes it takes a bit of rearranging to make sense of the sacred. Meaning is often lost in translation, in experience. But mostly in what happened to You.





Comments

Popular Posts