On the cards we were dealt-

I have reached the point where suddenly everything is going in hyper speed. After a painstakingly slow ten straight days of working, I finally have a chance to breathe again. As I catch these breaths, I am aware three weeks from now I begin this next chapter on a continent I've never been, in a country I know very little about. This both excites and terrifies me. I love that it terrifies me more than anything, because how often do we get the opportunity to face our fears head on, to conquer them? To render them obsolete, weightless even.

This next flight to Seoul will be my first flight in 2015, my sixth flight in two years, and my 23rd flight in three years. I turn 23 this year, after my 23rd flight that will begin my life in a new place, with more unknowns than familiar. In 2015, my year of unlearning, I turn 23 in Seoul. I shall count it a re-birthing in itself; what perfect time to begin again than as a foreigner in a foreign land? There's something about the number twenty three...There are no coincidences. 

Here's to proving there is no bag limit on happiness when you live the life you were meant to, not the one that was handed to you. The cards are not marked, and we can make so much more out of the ones we were dealt. I know, I'm living proof.



“She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them.”— Beau Taplin

Comments

Popular Posts