On recording aloud--

I don't know why it's so hard for me to record this current chapter aloud. I write it out each night, but for my eyes alone. It seems as soon as I begin, something calls me away and so I render it a draft. But tonight I resolved to publish something, anything--

And so I begin here. In what seems to be the beginning--do we ever actually know what page we're on while the chapter is being written?


My first weeks in Seoul consisted of kimchi, kimchi, and more kimchi--who am I kidding? I'm still eating kimchi, and I'm a month into my stay...

The food in Korea is incredible. My taste buds are experiencing newness and oh my tummy is it glorious! I rarely try something I dislike.


My love for ice cream has transcended with this shaved ice and ice cream work of food art called, bingsu. "Please! Please bring this to America," should be our cry! 





Casey and I went to high school together. We actually met in 8th grade at our little performing arts school, now we're coworkers. It's quite amazing how our paths connected again, five years later. Life definitely comes full circle. I'm so happy to catch up and get to know her again; so much has happened in-between our time apart. How lucky we are to see the change in each other post university.

Here are some snapshots taken at the Korean fish market--we discovered it's super close to our flat. We bought fresh salmon and then had it cooked for us at a restaurant connected to the market. It was all so delicious! 



Then there's my job. I teach three classes: two kindergarten classes and one elementary class. I have five, five year olds for five hours a day on Monday-Friday. I am their first teacher ever. Do you remember yours? I remember mine so well...

These kids are so very energetic, all so different, exciting, challenging, and hungry to learn. My mum suggested I take more vitamins to keep up. Another case where mama is always right!

Our Korean co-teachers.




I awake each morning and look out the window of my 6th floor flat. My view is a reminder to suss out the significance in each day, each moment of life on this earth I am given. As I walk along Han river by night, my dreams unfold before me and suddenly everything feels so limitless. All so possible. I mean, I made it here. I'm making it here...In South Korea, on the opposite end of where my life began. Is there anything I cannot do? I take on this challenge as I continue to tear down walls that have been built before me and by me. The mystery of 'what is possible,' beckons me to further unearth it each day. But here's the thing: I have nothing to prove; except, there is nothing that need be proven. This is freedom. So go and Love.Dream.Love.Live.Love.


"Be who God created you to be and you will set the world on fire."-St. Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts