On selfie's-
I once read an article about the pictures captured during solo travel. The author wrote of how she had rarely taken any of herself. Every time I photograph my travels, I think of said article. I imagine years from now when I look through photo albums and journals and scrapbooks; I imagine the stories I'll tell about the life lived and the souls met. I don't want to just have photos of monuments and mountains. I want to see a memory twenty years from now and remember not only what those buildings looked like, but how I felt standing in front of them.
I promised to take more photos of myself. And that even meant asking strangers to take them for me. That was until...
Until I bought a selfie stick!
I bought it from this cheeky man. "What color would you like?" As he broke into song, "Blue! Blue! Blue! Blue!" I was confused as to what he was doing. Then I realized it was an impromptu photo shoot! He was even kind enough to put me in it. I mean, it was the least he could do... He was taking the photos on my phone. And trust me, I have plenty of them.
50 to be exact.
"What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” ― Karl Lagerfeld






Comments
Post a Comment
thank you for your words...xoxo