On open doors-
I sent this message to Adrieanna a few weeks ago as I found myself overwhelmed by the muchness of knowing and loving so many people all over the world:
The more you travel, the more people you miss.
And soon there is no one place to call home because you miss too many people all over the world.
So you keep traveling, meeting more people and then there's this permanent ache.
Drieanna, I am afraid I will never not be heartbroken...
She responded in wisdom, as she does. Then sent me a link to this beautifully written piece. One line reads, "There is almost no path a human being can follow that does not lead to heartbreak." I paused after reading those words and felt the abrupt collision of experience meeting understanding. The light bulb inside flickered on, and with it, my resolve.
I am the most blessed person on earth to have been granted so many hello's in this life, from people who remain close even oceans away. In the same heartbeat, I am often the most melancholic of souls. So many goodbyes begins to take a toll, even on a heart that has become well adapted to open doors.
As of late, my door is always open to old friends, to new friends, to travelers passing through...
My door stays open around here, and as my most recent unearthing has taught me, with it my heart remains open in the same.
Busan, SK
“Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away." -Sarah Kay

















Comments
Post a Comment
thank you for your words...xoxo