On departure-

For the longest time there existed this burning sensation, an ache from within. The deepest of depths.
I would look into the mirror and see a reflection of a reflection. It wasn't her I couldn't stand so much as the memory of she who possessed this body.

And you--
You were the catalyst for her departure.



She who was brave and bold. She who believed in a love stored up just for her. And I so very much envied her.

I missed her. I miss her...

Because it was at her departure the promise of love stood still, remaining caught in a web of ellipses.

And for the longest time I couldn't look into the mirror; the eyes staring back made me too sad-- already the saddest girl alive.

Here I stand--which is a feat in itself-- three years sober from you. Three years surviving in the memory of us, yes. Here in this third year I can finally look into the mirror at the reflection of a girl who is infinitely less sad, profoundly more alive.

And I no longer envy her.

I am her. 


Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for your words...xoxo

Popular Posts