On this day then, and today-
One year ago today, I had just moved to Prague. And two years ago today, I had just started my senior year of uni. Three years ago today, I would be leaving next week on September 11 for a semester in England, after that heartbreaking goodbye to a first love, my last love. Four years ago today, I entered into the semester that would change my life forever; serving as a precipice to each year that followed.
Today. Today, I passed this woman as I stood at a crosswalk ahead. Frozen in time. In the haunting space of remembrance.
I thought of how one day my nostalgia will span across decades, rather than years. I will sit on a bench just like her here. My face a bit more aged, wrinkled. I'll think of this lady by my favorite Korean cafe, where I lived after that year I gave away everything I owned to move across the world. Alone.
And perhaps by that time, I'll have collected an encyclopedia's worth of stories to tell to somebody's kid. Maybe even my own.



Comments
Post a Comment
thank you for your words...xoxo