On occupying a body-


Some days I feel more like a spectator, rather than an occupant of this body of mine. 

Two months it has been since I last wrote. It was here, some three months ago, I spoke of a need to exhale. A need for release.

Since then, if I am being honest, it has been a season of deep melancholy. A loneliness that resides. I write so with no need for sympathy, rather for the therapeutic purpose of purging. Because sometimes we're just lonely for no apparent reason. Even surrounded by loved ones in a far away land, naturally, there are whole days, weeks even, where I can't seem to shake off the blue. It gets so dense, said blue.

And then I read about what is happening close to me, not so close to me, around me-- my heart breaks. 

The blue thickens, and so I have no choice but to exhale. Release..

I must fight to hold onto a fierce love. For my life. The life of those around me. Simply because it matters. All of it. I know this because you too have felt like a mere spectator rather than the occupant of the body that is yours. So you see, we are the same.

We need each other.

                                   I need you.

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for your words...xoxo

Popular Posts