On gathering courage-
I've done this twice before. Twice. Once here and then again, here. You would think I'm an expert at this: the goodbyes or rather, "see you later's" as I like to hope them. But this time was is different. I'm not going to study abroad or to visit friends. I have no return flight or definite return date. In the midst of so much unknown, so much adventure, I stood overwhelmed in a home of my closest friends and family, from different chapters in my life. And there was this one thought I just couldn't shake off: this feels different. Almost as a sort of insanity: why in the world am I setting out into a distant land when I have so many reasons to stay? Why have I been plagued with what seems like a gravitational pull towards that which is foreign? What is this soul of mine that craves to meet more and more people on every end of this big but small planet when I have the most perfect people already in my life? Oh how "The wanderlust has got me...by the belly-aching fire." -Robert W. Service
After a drive from Boone, Sunday I walked into the Florence house to find the most beautiful display, and even more incredible, so many people I love most in this world. I am so thankful for you Mrs. Colette and Mr. Artie. You have blessed me so so much!
And then there's this beautiful travel chest my mum got me. Inside of it, filled with cards and gifts and donations and so many words that touched my heart. I read and reread each and every word, because words have always been my favorite. Last night I sat on my bed, both humbled and overflowing with a feeling of great responsibility. I am so full, past the point of overflowing and so I cannot keep all of this love to myself. I couldn't even if I tried, lest I explode. How much can one heart take? How much love can one human being contain?
When I look at the people in my life, I am reminded of how much my heavenly Father loves me. Of how much I can't comprehend it. If the people in my life can love me so well, how much more does my creator love me? And if I, in all my imperfections, can love you all so much--because I really really love you all--how much more does He love you? Indescribable.
I spent my last weekend in the country visiting my snowy little mountain town. My friend Andre is an RA and has this magical jar full of inspirational quotes--oh my heart when I saw the pretty jar! "Grab one, Keiko," he told me. I knew it was in fact magical when I read the slip in my hand.
"You have to keep it."
And I did because he said so. And I did because the words said so and because I have indeed gathered the courage.
My courage has come first from my savior who redeemed me, from my parents who have loved and supported me, and from my family and friends who have inspired and changed me. To each and every one of you, I am forever indebted. Wherever I go in the world, I carry you with me.
Always love xo,
K.
But let all who take refuge in you be glad
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield. -Psalm 5:11-12
Photos taken by my dear and talented friend, Daniel Barlow.
I spent my last hours in Boone with him, the friend every person needs.






Comments
Post a Comment
thank you for your words...xoxo